Come on in; you’re at the right place!
Thanks to Candi Silk for inviting me to participate in the 7 Tricks, Treats, and Temptations Blog Party.
Halloween is such a naughty holiday. A few of my author friends and I thought it would be a devilish thing to surprise readers with 7 Tricks, Treats, and Temptations about our writing. You’ll get a mixture of fun, tantalizing, scary stuff about characters, plots, suspense, twists and turns, hoping to freak you out a bit.
Enjoy my treat bag of 7 fun things, then party over to my list of fun and entertaining authors at the bottom. Don’t be surprised if they scare the covers off your books, before they treat you. Boo!!
7 Tricks, Treats, Temptations – Jerry Byrum
1. Dakota Blackstone has a past he’d like to forget, and move on. But GG won’t let that happen, since she has a past she’s desperate to conceal. Between secluded secrets, and small town conspiracies, Dakota is faced with repeating his past, again behind prison bars. This time for murder. Is he innocent or guilty? Only when the thaw of HOT SNOW begins, will you know the answers.
2. It was a graduation to remember. It was a HOT DEAL that made Vegas look like a kiddie game. It was a scandal the media fed on like sharks in a frenzy for blood. It took Blaze Brimstone, an insecure preacher woman with tempting desires of the flesh, a junkyard dealer named Jasper Woodfield, and a bright teenage woman, Ashley Stetson, from the wrong side of the tracks to sort through the cards. With stakes high and chips on the table, rogue attorney, Griz Winters flushed everyone’s hand, revealing the winners and losers. Are you in the game?
3. Anyone knows anything perfect is going to be costly, and PERFECT MATCH is no exception. D. R. Fallington, and Madison Winston are polar opposites. He’s rich, arrogant, flamboyant playboy, and reckless as hell. She’s financially challenged, smart, sensible, and with a streak of independence sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel. Nothing matches, until pending challenges of life and death set them on a collision course neither could have ever imagined. Two imperfect souls at a standoff, while a third, Selena Rodriquez, watches quietly from the shadows. PERFECT MATCH is a perfect read for all seasons, but you’ll have to decide if anything matches.
4. Natalie Wilson, successful self-made quilt shop owner is the picture of womanly success in the small, quaint town of Eagle Mountain, until recently retired 42 year-old Adam Washington walks into her shop. That was the first day of the rest of her DILEMMA. Caught between her secretive husband, Buford, also the town’s Chief of Police, along with her repressed childhood, and Adam Washington, her dilemma escalates and erupts, spilling over into the once peacefulness of picturesque Eagle Mountain. Can her resilience sustain her independence? Can another man penetrate her shield of doubts? Will the Chief of Police allow outsiders to take over his town? And will he tolerate another man taking his woman? There’s a DILEMMA loose in town. What will it take to settle it?
5. Autumn and winter are the perfect times of the year for reading, you know, that wonderful process that takes you to other worlds while you rest comfortably in your favorite reading spot, with a delicious seasonal beverage nearby, and maybe even a decadent dessert. Makes for a perfect evening of getting to know characters from the imaginary land of novels.
6. Have you made the switch to an e-reader yet? You know, a Kindle, Nook, or other electronic reading device? I read almost exclusively on my e-readers, although I purchase an occasional paper book. But I do love the convenience of digital reading. I can adjust the font style and size, even let my Kindle read to me. I used to spend about $800 per year on 75-80 paper books. Now I spend a little over a hundred dollars and have access to more than 750,000 digital books through Amazon’s KindleUnlimited membership program. My e-reader has saved me money, while giving me access and convenience to a greater selection of books 24/7. Now that’s a real treat. Hope you’ll consider experiencing digital reading.
7. Don’t be afraid to discover new authors. Sure you can stick with letting the NYTimes, USAToday, and the WSJournal tell you what to read by giving you their popular lists of bestselling books. I followed their lists for many years, but discovered I can make better selections of what to read next. I started reading the sample pages of different self-published authors offered on popular book sites such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords. I’m listing a few of those authors below. I found them to be entertaining and most of their books are priced below $3.99 with discount promotions cycling at different times. That sure beats the heck out of a forty-dollar hardback. Discover new authors; save some money, while you enjoy reading!
Jerry’s Amazon Author Page
Continue your howling hop over to the following creative writers. They’ll show you more bewitching stuff, including blog posts, interviews, but be warned they all have reputations for reads that will “trick, treat, and tempt” you. Enjoy!
Michael W. Smart – mystery, suspense, thrillers
Maggie James – psychological thriller
Robyn Roze – romantic suspense
Elle Klass – women’s fiction, paranormal
Candi Silk – erotica escapades